Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Summer Vacation PWNS

Yes, yes, I know. I'm a week late. Hush, I have a very good reason. I had finals. So ha!

But anyway, what has happened in these two weeks of silence? Well I'll tell you. There was bowling, packing, crashing, playing, singing, laughing and lots and lots of sleeping. Oh, it has been a good two weeks. It starting out kinda shaky, but it's ended well.

Anyway, I think the night of the last time I sent out an email the girls and I went bowling. It was terrible fun and terrible scores, but we've never let lack of skills hinder us before, now have we? Tirrel was a bit down because she had just broken up with her boyfriend, but she was having a good time smacking down pins while imagining his head on them. She came out in first in the end, so I'm sure she had a good time.

Um.. let's see. There was also a lot of packing going on that week of finals. I'm not sure if you can imagine the utter chaos that was Beth and Rachel's room, but it was insane. I was amazed, really, when they managed to get out of here close to being on time. I was a little upset that they left all their trash at my door, but, eh, I'll just call that their final good-bye. I'm proud to say I didn't finish or do my packing until the very last minute. My mother can vouch for that as she spent about 2 hours helping me move things into cars and pack and then unpack again at Vinna's. Okay.. maybe it was 3 hours..

In case you're wondering, my finals went pretty well. I kicked booty on my Stats and Discrete Structures finals and I didn't have to take my Health or Psych final. I got an A in all those classes. Chemistry... well, there's a story behind Chemistry. See, I had work the morning of my Chem final and Berlin ended up in the hospital the night before it. Don't worry, she's doing fine. Anyway, I only got about 3 hours sleep before work and then I kinda got the time of my Chem final mixed up with another final. So, yeah, I missed my Chem final. When I finally got over the shock enough, I called my professor and she agreed to let me take it the next day. So, I got an extra afternoon of studying and blew it out of the water. I ended up getting a B in the class overall, but I can't really complain because if I hadn't of taken the final, I would have gotten a D. Long story short, finals weren't that bad. Actually managed to keep my GPA up. 3.8, Woot.

So, yeah, that was finals. After finals I packed, relaxed, and didn't sleep in. I had the girls wake me up early so I could see them off and I don't regret it one bit. This was of course Friday, the day my mom came and helped me pack up and then we went shopping. My favorite shoes, the ones my mom bought me last year, finally broke. Those things lasted a little over a year, a record when it comes to my feet and sandals. So, mom and I went and got a AWESOME dinner at the Bent Fork (I highly recommend when you want to indulge a little) and then bought me new shoes. And I tell you want, these things just make me want to wear them everywhere.. We also stayed the night in Denver and shopped until we couldn't shop no more. I am now readily equipped for the warm weather of North Carolina.

That was Friday/Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening I went back to Vinna's and unpacked/setup my room. There's still a little bit I need/want to do with it, but overall I'm very comfortable. I've been enjoying the ability to sleep in, maybe a bit too much, and have been working on the CS Department's database still. I didn't get as many entries in as I wanted this week, but I did get the search engine up and working. I'm very proud of the search engine. It took a lot of time and effort, as Vinna could probably tell you.

It's been a good week, so far, just chilling and relaxing, but I tell you what, I'm ready for some action. Bria and I are supposed to get together today and I'm going to her house this evening for dinner. I may or may not sleep there, it really depends on if I feel awake enough to drive back. I'm sure I'll be fine, I have a few friends I can call to keep me awake while I drive.

Oh, Tom's posted new pictures of the backyard, check those out. If you're wondering about the flagstone on his patio, they're going to cement the cracks in a year or so, after they finish settling.

Well, I think that's it. I'm not flying out until the 27th and I'm not sure if anything more interesting if going to happen in the next week, but I'll be sure to send something out to all of you.

Peace, Love, and Have A Good Week!
Tar

No comments: