Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So guess what! I got a new toy.. and you all probably expected me to end up with it eventually. That's right, it's an iPhone. Thanks to my mom finally getting fed up with Sprint and no other carrier having a decent phone or reception in San Jose, I used my tax return to get a new toy. I've been eye-balling them since they came out and now that I finally have one, I'm glad I got it. It's a powerful computer, not just a phone, iPod, Internet browser and calendar. It's an Apache server, SSH access point, calculator, Javascript editor, Nintendo game system, alarm clock, and chess game. It's pretty much my go-to system now. Not to mention I hacked it to make it half of those things.

One of the nice things about my hacks is that I can take screenshots.. so here we go. First off I modified the screen to have custom icons.. and then installed a ton more apps. It's pretty easy to find free apps out there, you just have to be sure not to get incomplete or extremely badly built stuff. The cool thing is that it's making me want to build my own apps. We'll see what happens there.

Check out all my pretty applications!

No comments: