Monday, June 23, 2008

Cubed Moss Stitch Scarf

So now that I'm not in college anymore, should I change the title of the blog? I think so..

Anyway, this is so I can post a pattern for a scarf I made up. I ended up making it on accident, I think, but I loved it so much I kept going with it and it became a gift for a friend. And then my mom wanted one so I have to make it for her too. It's rather simple pattern, easy to shrink or expand to your gauge, yarn, or desired size of scarf.

Cubed Moss Stitch Scarf

Yarn: Jiffy's Thick & Quick
Needles: US 11
Gauge: Not Important

Cast on an even number of stitches, S, divisible by 4
Row1 & R2: *K2, P2* to end
R3 & R4: *P2, K2* to end

Repeat Rows 1-4 until you have what looks to be a square (the length, done in L rows, is equal to the width [Note: L may not equal S])

Then, starting new row count:
---------------------
Row1: K(S/2), P(S/2)
Repeat R1 until you have L/2 rows (including R1)
R(L/2 + 1): P(S/2), K(S/2)
Repeat previous row until you have gone L/2 rows
---------------------

Begin original rows 1-4. Repeat until desired length is almost reached. Repeat section between the --- once more, going for the same amount of rows as before. Then repeat the first section for the same amount of rows. Cast off & finish.

No comments: