Friday, June 9, 2006

I know, they just keep getting pushed back..

I know, I know, I'm sorry. I know I just keep pushing these emails back farther and farther, but I have a valid excuse. I do, I do. You see, I've been having too much fun working to remember to send this out. The only reason I really remembered this morning is because my mommy sent me an email a few days ago. That and I got some pictures last night from Lauren and I wanted to show them off.

Who's Lauren, you ask? Well, she's one of the girls working here in the Future Computing Lab with us. She's in the Visual Humans and Digital Environments department, but she's rooming with Paige, a girl in our gaming department. The other members of our little troop (we're becoming famous as a group, no surprise, I know) are Alex (the only guy), Jordan (crazy Korean roommate who can't remember where to park) and Evie (my musically endowed, hamster, anime loving roomie). Pictures are included.

To get down to the meat of what I've been doing this week, it's pretty much just been having fun. I finished a few games and you can download them at http://bebopdevelopment.com/Charlotte/week1.php and have a good time. The one RPG one doesn't do much. You can read that page if you want, it's my required site for the DMP program that sent me here.

Saturday we had our cookout and I think there's one picture in there from that. It was a great time, though only a few people showed up. I ran the grill and Evie the music, Paige and Lauren entertained our guests.

Monday night we went over to Dr. Barnes' house and started an addicting little (yeah right) game called Iron Dragon. We're still play the game, though it's currently paused. It's kinda a mix between Monopoly and.. just about every other game I've played. I would go further into it, but I dun wanna.

Wednesday we went back to Dr. Barnes' and continued our game, though we have yet to finish it. Thursday morning we participated in a low ropes course here on campus and I think we're all a bit sore this morning.

I'm currently in the middle of pitching a game idea for if/then loops and other conditionals. It's a racing game where you essentially program a car to automatically turn and avoid other cars, racing against other people or computer cars. Everyone's been working on it with me and we all like it, though we're having trouble fitting it into the StormHaven game, something that I really wish we could figure out.

In case you're wondering, my work day usually includes working on websites, playing games, building games, and storyboarding for more games. I know it's a crime to say, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be video gamed-out by the end of the summer. We'll see..

Love, Peace, and I Love My Job,
Tar

No comments: