Sunday, June 18, 2006

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

This is a big Happy Father's Day out there to all you dad's, especially my own. You should all remember that a woman, no matter the age, will always be her daddy's little girl. Those of us lucky enough to have daddies such as you all are truly blessed. I mean, who else is gonna teach us how to make the best popcorn? Or that celery can be yummy, with enough peanut butter that is. Hehe.


On a less special note, I'm sorry that this email has taken so long to get out. I've been rather busy and a bit lazy as of late, and I just never found the time to sit down and write it. That's what happens when you're having fun.. time just flies.

Why has time gone so quickly this week? Well! I'll tell you. Last weekend a group of us went and saw Cars in theaters. I highly, highly recommend that movie to anyone that like the Incredibles. It's very cute, and very funny. After the movie we went to the mall and walked around a bit and grabbed a bite to eat. I ended up swinging into a bookstore (gasp!) and found a Learn-to-Knit kit for $5, so I bought it and have been knitting a bit before going to bed.

Sunday afternoon I discovered the wonders of this campus' swimming pool, Tuesday I did it again. We all went out to eat on Tuesday at a local Mexican place and then went grocery shopping. There's a very popular coffee shop near the store, so we all walked over and got milkshakes. I love the shop, it's called Jackson's Java, and it's really a smaller version of Alley Kat. That night we then went to Alex's place and played video games until around 1, at which time we realized how late it was and all went home and to bed.

Wednesday night we rented some movies and a projector and set up in a lounge here in the apartment video. Some people swung by and walked the movies with us, which was awesome cause we projected it on the wall. We ended watching a weird Japanese movie and then The Producers, which is a funny movie, though not something I'd recommend to anyone under 17.

Thursday night I decided to cook for everyone, so I made stuffed green peppers. Everyone was reluctant at first, but in the end they all loved them and now they want me to cook more often. Evie, one of my roommates, went out and bought a bunch of food in the hopes that I'd want to make something with it all and cook it for us to share. Oh how well she knows me.. But later that night had some ice cream, provided by Jordan, and watched another movie with the projector. Then we played video games on it till we couldn't stay awake.

Friday, nothing much happened as everyone had left to go visit their dad's. I'm the furthest from home here, and it's a bit tough to visit my dad, so I'm hanging out alone. Bekka, a girl in the hall we met at the cookout, called me yesterday to hang out, so we went to Goodwill and shopped for a long time. I got some awesome t-shirts and found a lacrosse stick for $5. It's not the best, but it's a decent stick so now I can get my friends to play with me too. That is, if I can get it home. If it comes down to it, I'll just take it apart to fit it in my suitcase.

If you wanna know what I did at work, go to http://bebopdevelopment.com/Charlotte/week3.php and read up. I just don't wanna retype it all, ya know?

Alright, last few things (cause I'm too lazy to send out emails separately).

- Dad, that number you sent me doesn't work in Skype. I don't have a phone card, so I can't call you any other way.

- Mom, I got you a UNCC hat. Since you aren't gonna come out here anymore, you want me to mail it to ya?

- To Dani, Catlin, and anyone else who wanted to send me mail: I really wish I could have you guys send me letters this summer, but for some reason, they're not delivering mail to the interns staying here. I guess they don't want to deal with the forwarding when we all move out. I still love to hear from people, so shoot me an email!


- To Ed and Gail: I'm gonna call you as soon as I send this, but I just wanna leave it in print. I'd love to see you guys sometime this summer and my weekends are pretty free. I'm not available on the 4th of July, and if you give me some weekends to chose from, I'm sure I can find a friend that's willing to drive me to visit.

Alright. That's it. I'm gonna go back to untangling my wad of yarn.

Love ya all.
Tar

No comments: