Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Rainbows and Summer Plans

Now I bet none of you can figure out what I'm getting at when I say rainbows. And sadly, I don't have a picture of it. But I will tell you this for now: never give Beth and Rachel artistic freedom over your pants.

So how's your week been? Mine hasn't been half bad. It's been a bit rushed, considering I have to get everything done by tonight because I won't have time before I leave on Thursday. I have an exam this morning (oh joy) and I'm feeling those three hours of sleep. Went home for the weekend. Had another exam last Friday, another A. Um, yeah, I think that the little stuff in summary.

So as some of you might know, I have been applying for summer internships in the past month or so. I am happy to announce that I have been offered a 10 week research internship for the summer. The slight draw back is that it is in Carolette, NC. I am given a living fund, but it's still not as cool as if it had been in Melbourne or Colorado. Whether or not I take it depends on a few factors, one of those being exactly what I'll be researching.

Another factor is that I have been looking into a job as a live-in nanny for an 8 year old girl and her family. They want the person to start over the summer months, and it's a pretty good deal. They provide food, a room, private bathroom and did I mention that they have a really sweet house? The little girl is pretty cool, too. They're rather flexible to my schedule and I hope that it works out in the end. It's a very cheap way through live through college.

Ok, I have more homework to do and chores before seven, so I'm going to wrap this up with the story of the rainbow pants. Okay, so I have a pair of jeans that I got for about 5 bucks at Walmart. They aren't exactly white college girl pants, if you know what I mean. So I decided that I wanted to jazz up the pants a bit, which of course has to involve Beth and Rachel, our residence clothing painters. Well, long story short, after a few cans of spray paint, some very cool looking plastic, and some stencils, I now am the proud owner of rainbow pants. Oh yes, they look like rainbow pants. Yellow, red, orange, blue, black. Probably will never wear them, at least until that fateful day I'm completely out of clothes, so, yeah. That's the story of the rainbow pants.

Oh, I've also had a head cold all weekend, which is making this week all the more fun! But just think of it, though. Next week, I can sleep in, surf, swim, and generally enjoy home cooked meals.

Love, Peace, and Men In Black Is An Awesome Movie,
Tar

No comments: